23 September 2012

William W. Corasick

I'm under the weather today, so the post I intended to write will have to wait. Since I don't like skipping a day without writing, what to do? I finally decided to search my database of chess images to find one that had 'sick' in the description. Only four different images popped up, and the following is the only one that matched the way I'm feeling.

The description said,

CHESS PLAYER - MODERNIST PAINTING BY LISTED ARTIST WILLIAM W. CORASICK • William W. Corasick, born 1907, exhibited at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts and the National Academy. He had several one man exhibitions. Corasick also studied at The Barnes Foundation, where the influence of the modern masters is evident in his work.

Strange that the painting has nothing to do with being sick.

No comments: